You’re going to love me for this tip because it’s so simple and yet it makes all of the difference when it comes to your fitness results.
The sad truth is that more than 90 percent of gym goers fail to achieve the level of results they want—even after a full year of faithfully going through their routine.
Maybe you can relate.
It doesn’t have to be this way. I believe that you deserve to get the highest level of results possible from that valuable time that you invest in exercise.
The simple concept below has the power to dramatically accelerate your fitness results…
The results you achieve are equal to the intensity of your workout.
In other words, you get what you give when it comes to exercise and results.
If you simply go through the motions, while staying in your comfort zone, then results will always be a hope for tomorrow and not today’s reality.
So what exactly do I mean when I say intensity?
Intensity is a measure of how much energy you’re expending while exercising. The harder you push yourself, the higher your intensity. When you’re simply going through the motions of a routine, without digging down and giving it your all, the workout lacks intensity and your results will disappoint.
During your workout pay attention to how you feel. Could you be working harder? If the honest answer is yes, then step it up a notch. It’s worth it…
In addition to seeing awesome results quickly, there are two more benefits to bringing up your exercise intensity.
The first benefit is that when you bring the intensity you’re able to shorten exercise time. This means less time spent sweating away in the gym and more time doing the things you really love. All while getting even better results than
with longer, low intensity workouts.
One thing to remember – it’s important that you never sacrifice proper form in favor of intensity. As soon as your form starts to be compromised, reduce your intensity to where proper form is achieved.
I’m here to help you transform your body (and your whole life!) through the power of fitness.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness plan that will bring the intensity and deliver the results.
You start each morning with the promise to be “good” today.
You’ll refuse the baked goods at the office. You’ll speed past that fast food place at lunch. You’ll turn a blind eye to the vending machine in the mid-afternoon. And you’ll pass on the ice cream after dinner.
But… you hadn’t counted on the fact that a box of your favorite donuts would be sitting in the break room. Or that co-workers would invite you to join them for fast food place at lunch. Or that Girl Scouts would come through the office after school with boxes of thin mints. Or that your special someone would come home with a pint of Coffee Heath Bar Crunch.
And as you get into bed each night you tell yourself that tomorrow will be different.
Tomorrow you will conquer temptation.
But tomorrow comes with its own set of special circumstances and temptation gets the best of you once again.
Why Does Temptation Always Win?
We live in society where food temptations are everywhere.
- Walk through a store and you’ll see the unhealthy food items displayed front and center.
- Turn on the TV and you’ll be assaulted with commercials for fattening foods.
- Open a magazine and you’ll notice glossy pin-ups of sugary snacks.
- Go down the street and you’ll have restaurant signs clamoring for your attention.
In addition to the abundance of tempting edibles, you also have deeply ingrained positive associations with indulging.
- You treat tempting food as a reward.
- You turn to tempting food for comfort.
- You rely on tempting food as stress relief.
- You allow tempting food to become a habit.
It’s Your Turn to Win
Temptation doesn’t need to have the upper hand on you anymore. It’s time to fight back using your most powerful asset: your brain.
Your mind is an amazing thing. Once it is made up about something it is nearly impossible to change it.
A Matter of Perspective
Imagine for a moment that you’re peacefully floating down a river in an inner tube. The sun is out, the birds are chirping, and you are having a wonderful time. You feel great about the river because it is making you feel good.
Now imagine that you are in a plane flying over the river. Your eye is immediately drawn to an enormous rocky waterfall. You look up the river and just around the bend is a person floating in an inner tube, having a wonderful time, headed straight for the treacherous falls.
Do you think that after your plane ride you’d be happy to get an inner tube and float down the river? Of course you wouldn’t. You’ve seen that the river spells disaster.
You now have a negative association (watery death) with the river rather than your initial positive association (relaxing fun).
Overcoming temptation is all about building negative associations in place of existing positive ones. Use the 2 steps below to harness the power of your mind to become stronger than any temptation.
Step One: Create a Strong Negative Association with all the BAD STUFF
- If cookies and chips and burgers are put on a pedestal in your mind as your favorite things to eat, then you will always eat unhealthy and will continue to gain weight.
- What do you dislike about tempting food?
- It makes you unhealthy.
- It causes weight gain.
- It drains your energy.
- It kills your confidence.
- It degrades your quality of life.
- It hurts your love life.
- Every time that you encounter tempting food items focus on your list of negatives. It’s time to kick those cookies off the pedestal and to put something healthy in its place.
Step Two: Create a Strong Positive Association with all the GOOD STUFF
- Now that your mental pedestal has been cleared, put healthy food items on it. Juicy fresh fruit, crispy vegetables and savory lean meats are a great place to start.
- What do you love about healthy food?
- It makes you healthy.
- It causes weight loss.
- It boosts your energy.
- It builds your confidence.
- It improves your quality of life.
- It enhances your love life.
- Immerse yourself into the world of healthy food. Browse the aisles of a natural food store. Walk through a farmer’s market. Bring healthy snacks to work. Clear your kitchen of anything unhealthy.
Using the technique above, you will soon find that healthy food is your favorite food.
And temptation will become a thing of the past.
Quick Chicken and Veggie Bowl
This recipe serves up a refreshing new twist on chicken. Delicious veggies and chunks of tender chicken are coated in a savory sauce, and served over wild rice. It works great as a weekday meal, since it only takes about 20 minutes to make.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 sweet potato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons mirin (rice cooking wine)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 4 cups chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- In a large saucepan place the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato, onion, mushroom, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the mirin, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, cornstarch and red pepper. Set aside.
- Add the green beans and chicken into the pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Pour the soy sauce mixture in and mix until fully incorporated. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve over wild rice.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 299 calories, 8g fat, 23g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 33g protein.
Seems like everyone has been asking how to shape up their behind lately, so I’ve decided to let you in on a few of my closely-guarded booty-building secrets.
Most of my clients have one of the following things to say about their bum:
- Help! My booty is too big;
- Help! My booty is too saggy; or
- Help! My booty is too flat.
Now let’s tackle each of these challenges with solutions that will give you the best booty ever!
I. Help! My booty is too big.
If you are suffering from an over sized behind then do the following 3 fat-blasting workouts to reduce, tighten and shape your bum.
Fat-Blaster #1: Run
Running is a great way to burn off extra body fat while developing strong glutes. Follow these 4 tips to target your glutes while running:
- To target your glutes focus on extending your hips and keeping your chest lifted.
- Roll all the way forward onto your toes with each step, in order to engage more of your glutes.
- Run up hills, stairs, or on the treadmill at an incline.
- Run on a sandy beach or gravel path – the uneven surface forces you to work harder to stabilize your lower body.
Fat-Blaster #2: Elliptical
The elliptical works well for streamlining your behind – but only when used properly. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your elliptical workout:
- Posture matters. Don’t drape your upper body over the front of the elliptical machine – this will bring the focus to your quads and lower back instead of your glutes. Instead keep your back straight and posture good.
- Put the incline of your machine higher than seven percent. This will ensure that the emphasis is on your glutes instead of your quads.
- Push down with your heels with each stride. Also sink down into a squat for 30 second intervals while striding.
- Let go of the handles. This will force your core to stabilize you.
Fat-Blaster #3: Swim
Swimming laps is a sure way to burn tons of calories. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your time in the pool:
- Start each lap with an explosive push from the wall. Place the soles of your feet flat against the side of the pool, bend your knees and explode forward with your legs.
- Use flippers. Sounds silly, but try a few laps with a kickboard and flippers and you’ll quickly feel the intense emphasis on your glutes.
- Vary your kick. Go from flutter to froggy kicks to target all of your glutes.
- Try some in-water squat jumps: stand in chest-level water with feet shoulder width apart, toes turned out. Bend your knees and lower your hips down then explode upward, pushing through your heels.
II. Help! My booty is too saggy.
The solution to a saggy bottom is to target your glutes. Try the following 3 bum-lifting exercises at home – these require no equipment.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #1: Hyperextension with leg curl
Lie facedown on the floor with your arms extended above your head and knees together. Bend your knees and curl your heels toward your glutes, contracting your glutes. Lower your feet back toward the floor, raise your chest and shoulders up and hold for one count before returning to the start position. Do 15 repetitions.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #2: Plank pull
Get into a plank position with hands directly under your shoulders and feet spaced shoulder width apart. Contract your core, lift your left leg with flexed foot, then raise your heel up in a quick motion for 15 reps. Keep your core contracted throughout the exercise and back flat. Repeat with right leg.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #3: Side-lying bicycle
Lie on your right side with your elbow directly under your shoulder and legs stacked on top of each other. Bend your right knee back slightly. Lift your left leg about 6 inches into the air, then draw if forward to a 90 degree angle, keeping your foot flexed. Swing your leg back, pointing your toe and extending your lower back. Do 15 repetitions and then repeat with right leg.
III. Help! My booty is too flat.
In order to build a shapely behind you’ll need to head to the gym. The following 3 booty-building exercises will give your bum a serious shape-changing workout.
Booty-Building Exercise #1: Dumbbell Squat
Place your feet wider than shoulder width apart, and turn toes out. Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you squat down, keeping your back straight and tummy pulled in. Exhale as you press up through your heels and return to a standing position. Do 15 repetitions.
Booty-Building Exercise #2: Dumbbell Lunge
Stand with feet together and a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you lunge forward, keeping your lunging knee directly over your ankle. Exhale as you push off with your lunging heel, and return to the starting position. Do 15 repetitions and repeat on the other leg.
Booty-Building Exercise #3: Straight-legged Deadlift
Stand with feet shoulder width apart, a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing your thighs. Inhale as you bend forward at the hips, keeping your back flat. Lower the dumbbells down until you feel a pull in your hamstrings. Keep the dumbbells close to your legs as you exhale and straighten your legs, focusing on contracting your glutes. Do 15 repetitions.
Want to get your best booty as quickly as possible? Call or email me now to get started on a unique fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best booty ever or sign up for a FREE Brazilian Booty Camp Class
If I were to award a single food item with the title of ‘Fastest Way To Pack On The Pounds’, hands down the winner would be refined sugar.
We have been eating more and more sugar over the past 200 years, which has led to rising obesity numbers. Back in 1822 the average person ate only 6.3 lbs of sugar per year, compared to 130 lbs of sugar in 2012. That’s more than 20 times as much sugar in our modern diet! No wonder we are bigger than ever…
One of the reasons that your diet is filled with so much sugar is that some form of refined sugar is included in virtually every single processed food. This is yet another reason that it’s important to cut those processed and packaged convenience foods out of your diet.
Cutting sugar from your diet is easier said than done. Once it is a part of your daily diet, cravings strike, causing you to eat it even more frequently. But there is hope.
Here are 7 Ways To Crave Less of that Sugar that you’re eating that’s killing your results and keeping you from attaining your goal weight:
1) Eat More Protein
A diet rich in protein keeps you full, satisfied and less likely to crave sweets. A great way to make sure that you are getting enough is to plan each meal and snack around a protein. Plan breakfast around eggs, lunch and dinner around baked chicken breast, and make snacks hard boiled eggs or baked meatballs. Try the recipe below for a protein-packed, sugar-busting snack.
2) Avoid Artificial Sweeteners
One of the biggest fitness myths out there is the idea that calorie-free, artificially sweetened beverages don’t impact your fat loss results. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the truth is that the diet soda you’re sipping is making it harder for you to reach your goal weight. While the diet soda itself doesn’t contain calories, it has been proven to cause cravings for sugary foods. Put down the diet soda and instead pick up a refreshing bottle of spring water.
3) Steer Clear Of Saboteurs
The sad truth is that people in your life will try to sabotage your low sugar diet. You’ll run into that pushy person at the office who insists that you eat a donut, the well-meaning family member who dishes you up a bowl of ice cream, and the friend who comes over with a plate of her home-baked cookies. The best avoidance strategy is to sincerely thank the sugar-pusher for their gift, tell them you wish you could eat it, and then blame me – your trainer – as the bad guy who says that you need to cut back on sugar.
4) Try Dark Chocolate
For those moments when your sweet tooth is relentlessly badgering you for something sweet, ditch the super-sugary candies and stick with a small square of very dark chocolate. Chocolate that is 70% or higher in cocoa content should be the only candy that you keep on hand. The benefit of the cocoa, in addition to the lowered sugar content, makes dark chocolate an occasionally justifiable treat.
5) Stick With Fruit
What’s sweet, colorful and comes in hundreds of flavors? Organic, seasonal, fresh fruit, of course! As you remove refined sugar from your life, feel free to add in some natural sugar by way of fresh, local fruit. It’s amazing how satisfyingly sweet fruit is – it’s truly nature’s candy.
6) Change Your Palate
As you begin to limit your intake of refined sugars, you’ll find that your tolerance for sugar decreases. This means that something that didn’t taste sweet before – say a green apple – now has uncanny depths of sweetness. What’s happening is that your sweet receptors are becoming more finely tuned, now that you’re not overwhelming your palate with sickly-sweet refined sugar.
7) Workout Like You Mean It
A regular, challenging exercise routine will not only get you into amazing shape, it also reduces your cravings for sugar. The endorphin rush brought on by vigorous exercise is an even more powerful feel-good-feeling than the pleasure gotten by indulging in sugary foods.
Make challenging, consistent exercise a part of your life by signing up for my fitness program. I’d love to get you to your goals using my results-driven method.
Simply call or email me today to set up your first workout.
As much as we love exercise (and you know we do!) exercise alone will not get you a toned stomach.
Your diet is a huge part of the equation.
Someone could workout all day long, but then eat in a way that promotes major fat storage, and they wouldn’t have a toned, beach-ready tummy.
While your diet is probably not terrible, the 5 secrets below will help you improve it even more. And a cleaner diet means flatter and more attractive abs.
Diet Secret #1: Don’t eat late
This is the most simple and effective way to flatten your abs. Instead of eating less food late at night, simply don’t eat late at all. Try these tips…
- Brush your teeth right after dinner. Once your teeth are clean, you’ve put an end to your consumption for the day.
- Change things up. If your evening routine revolves around food then find a new routine.
- Let the habit form. The first few weeks will be tough, but soon your new no-food-late routine will feel normal.
Diet Secret #2 Drink more water
Drinking lots of water is another extremely simple way to promote fat loss. Chronic dehydration triggers false hunger signals that causes you to eat extra, empty calories. Try these tips…
- Drink a big glass of water before each meal. This will make you less likely to overeat.
- Replace sugar-filled sodas, coffee drinks and juices with water. This tip alone can make a huge difference in the shape of your body.
- Carry water with you throughout the day.
Diet Secret #3: Load up on fiber
Most of us do not get enough fiber in our diet. This is a problem since fiber is essential when it comes to getting lean. Fiber-filled foods are low in calories and are filling, so you’ll be eating less and getting lean. Try these tips…
- Turn salads into meals. Add a serving of lean protein to a large pile of greens for a guiltless meal.
*Try the recipe for Sweet & Smokey Chicken below and serve it on a bed of greens.
- Include vegetables in every meal. The benefits to eating more veggies are too many to list, so just know that your body will become healthier and leaner with each fibrous bite.
- Fruits are a tasty source of fiber. Eat fresh, seasonal fruits every day.
Diet Secret #4: Eat fewer carbs
Now we didn’t say to cut out all carbs, but rather to eat fewer carbs. These diet secrets are meant as lifestyle changes for you to stick with long term. Eating fewer carbs is a realistic and very effective way to flatten your tummy. Try these tips…
- Choose whole grain bread and pasta instead of white. Whole grains are less likely to be stored as fat. That being said, limit the amount that you eat.
- Eat half of the carbs. Make your sandwich open-faced and cut down the size of your pasta serving.
- Avoid carb-filled snacks. Instead of crackers or chips, have a hard boiled egg, a protein shake, fresh fruit or veggies.
Diet Secret #5: Only wholesome sweets
Refined sugar-filled sweets will quickly add up around your waistline. Learn to enjoy natural sweets. Try these tips…
- Fruit is natural candy. When you stop eating refined sugar you’ll find fresh fruit to be more sweet and delicious than ever.
- Do not eat foods that contain white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. These items are the worst for your abs.
- Try wholesome sweeteners, like pure maple syrup, raw honey or dates in your cooking instead of white sugar. Get white sugar out of your kitchen.
Take these diet secrets and run with them. These tips, along with a challenging and consistent exercise program, are the formula for a toned, lean body.
We’re here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals, so guarantee your results by teaming up with Cali 4 Fitness.
You deserve that fit and attractive body – We can help you get it.
Call or email today to get started.
SWEET & SMOKEY CHICKEN
This chicken has awesome flavor and is quick to make on a weeknight. Serve with a leafy green salad and a side of asparagus or broccoli for the perfect flat abs meal.
Makes: 4 Servings
Here’s what you need…
4 bone-in, skin-on, organic chicken thighs
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 packet Stevia
dash of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add to the ziplock bag and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
Place the coated chicken thighs on a broiling pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 18g fat, 428mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 18g protein
Have you ever wondered…
Why do so many diets end in failure?
Why is it so easy to gain lost weight back?
And why can’t you maintain your ideal weight at all times?
If you’ve tried every quick-fix fad diet under the sun, you realize they can help you lose weight instantly. Unfortunately, keeping the pounds off usually doesn’t happen with these diets.
Real weight loss comes with lasting, healthy lifestyle changes.
So stop starving yourself, counting calories, or eliminating your favorite food group.
Simply make the following lifestyle changes.
1. TV TIME: Many people are in the habit of sitting in front of the TV for hours on end after a stressful day at work. Yes, you may be worn out and need a break, but sitting on the couch, zoned out, watching TV is not the way to lose weight.
If you must watch the evening news or see your favorite show, use the time to burn a few calories. Keep some hand weights next to the couch and work your biceps and triceps. Stand up and do some squats or lunges to work your legs and buttocks. Get on the floor and do some sit-ups to tone your abs or push-ups to tone your arms. Make a change!
2. SLEEP: Most adults need an average of eight hours of sleep each night. Is that a lot more than what you’re currently getting? Then you may be interested to know that if you’re not getting adequate amounts of rest, you’re more likely to be hungry, overeat, and gain weight.
How does this work? Something like this.
If you’re tired, you won’t feel like cooking a healthy meal, and you’ll opt for fast (fattening) food instead. This very same lack of energy will also likely cause you to skip the gym. On top of that, sleep deprivation causes your metabolism to slow down, and if you’ve not heard, that is not something you want when trying to shed a few pounds.
3. DRINK CHOICES: Lasting weight loss is about changes. Unfortunately, some of the changes one must make are difficult. If you’re one of the millions hooked on soda, alcohol, or other sweetened beverages, your weight goals may remain out of reach until you replace these drinks with water. You should also know that your brain often confuses thirst with hunger.
So at the first sign of hunger, don’t grab a snack or calorie-filled drinks. Instead, grab a glass of water.
4. BREAKFAST: Want to know a secret to successful weight loss? Eat breakfast! Try cutting calories by skipping breakfast, and you’ll be excessively hungry by mid-morning. As a result, the healthy calories you would have eaten at breakfast are replaced with calorie-filled snacks and an over-sized lunch.
Once again, fitting breakfast into your busy schedule may mean dramatic lifestyle changes. But research shows that the habit of eating a healthy breakfast is key to losing weight and keeping pounds off. Get to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual and set your alarm 10 minutes earlier to give yourself time to eat breakfast
5. Physical Activity: Weight loss is about burning more calories than you consume. Therefore, it should make sense to you that dieting and exercise must go hand in hand. If you want to speed up weight loss and keep the weight away, add or increase the amount and intensity of physical activity in your daily life.
For many people, this is the most difficult lifestyle change of all, but the benefits are well work it. Aim for 30 to 60 minutes of intense exercise on most days of the week. When exercise is a normal part of your everyday routine, it’s more likely to stick, and your body will become slimmer and more toned.
The quickest and most permanent weight loss comes as a result of a combination of healthy eating and consistent, challenging workouts.
Cali 4 Fitness is here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals. Call or email today to get started on a fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best body ever.
The lunge is an easy and efficient lower-body exercise that can be performed simply using your own body weight or adapted in a number of variations. Considered one of the best leg exercises, the lunge is great for toning your lower body because it works pretty much every leg muscle as well as your glutes.
The best part about the lunge is its versatility. You can modify it to perform a variety of exercises. Not only will it spice up your workout, you’ll activate different muscle groups and prevent a fitness plateau.
First, let’s make sure you’ve got the proper form for the basic lunge and then we’ll kick it up a notch with four lunge variations.
#1: The Lunge
To perform a lunge keep your upper body straight, shoulders back and chest out while squeezing your abs to engage your core. Step forward several feet with your right foot, landing heel first. Bend your right and left leg down until both legs are bent at 90 degrees (never more) and your left knee is about an inch above the floor. Make sure your knee doesn’t extend further than your toes. Keep your body upright and work to keep your balance by not wobbling from side to side. Lift your body up and bring your hips forward until you’re standing straight again. Repeat lunging forward with your left foot.
Muscles worked: Front leg- hamstrings and glutes; Back leg- quadriceps
#2: BOSU Ball Lunges
For a harder alternative, perform a lunge on a BOSU ball by stepping forward onto the BOSU ball.
Make it a back lunge by standing on the BOSU ball and stepping back into a lunge alternating your legs. The BOSU ball is an added challenge because it makes it harder to balance on your legs.
Want to take it one step further? Hold free weights in each hand as you lunge.
#3: Back Lunge with Side Shoulders
Begin by placing the resistance band in your hands and stepping in the middle of the band with your left foot. Step back with your right foot, bending into the 90 degree angle while simultaneously raising your arms to shoulder-height.
Make sure to keep your abs tight, back upright, and your arms straight. Perform 10-20 back lunges with your right leg and then switch to the left.
This exercise can also be done with free weights instead of the resistance band.
#4: Lunge with Side Twist
Holding a kettle bell or weight, step forward with your left foot in a lung position, making sure that your knee doesn’t go over the line of your foot. From your torso, twist your upper body to the left while reaching across your left side with your arms out-stretched.
Be careful not to twist at the knee!
Step back to a standing position and repeat with the right foot in front. You’ll want to make sure that you’re twisting to the same side as whatever leg is in front.
#5: The Jump Lunge
If you’re looking to get your heart rate up, incorporate more cardio, and kick your workout into high gear, there’s nothing better than the jump lunge! Begin by performing the basic lunge. Engage your core and push off the bottom of both feet into a jump while switching your feet in midair and landing back in a basic lunge. Make sure you’ve mastered the basic lunge and keep your form in check as you jump it out.
This exercise works well with High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts, such as Tabata; alternating between 20 seconds of max training and 10-second rest periods for a total of eight rounds.
So there you have it- five killer modifications for the lunge that will tone and tighten your legs, lift your booty, strengthen your core, and will result in healthy weight loss.
Tune in weekly to our Cali 4 Fitness blog for more fitness and nutrition tips.
Are you struggling with self motivation? Having a hard time getting yourself to your regularly scheduled workouts? Finding more and more reasons to cheat on your healthy diet?
You’re not alone and today I’ve got just the 4 Self-Motivating Mind Tricks that you need to lock onto your goals…
A healthy dose of motivation coupled with determination will get you almost anything in life. So how do you know if you’re genuinely motivated?
- Motivation will tell you to get out of bed for an early workout.
- Motivation will nag you to put down the doughnut.
- Motivation makes passing on fries a reflex.
- Motivation makes a sweat drenched workout exciting.
- Motivation constantly reminds you why you do what you do.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #1: Pinpoint Your Motivator.
Motivation stems from having a goal. What is your goal? Why do you want to get into great shape?
Once you uncover your personal motivator you’ll find that motivation flows quickly your way.
Take a minute to really uncover the reason that you want to lose the weight. Don’t say something vague like you want to ‘Be thinner‘ or ‘Look more attractive.‘ Dig deeper – there is a very specific motivator in your life, you simply need to uncover it.
Here are some possible motivators…
- I want to have more energy to keep up with the kids.
- I want to improve my health through weight loss to extend and improve my life.
- I want to lose 15 pounds before my vacation.
- I want to restore my confidence to wear sleeveless shirts.
- I want to regain my figure to impress and attract my significant other.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #2: Make It Official.
When you write something down it suddenly feels official, doesn’t it? Write down your motivator for getting into great shape, and post it where you will see it often—next to your alarm clock, on the bathroom mirror, or in your car.
Each time you see your written motivator take a moment to visualize yourself accomplishing your goal. Try to make the scene as clear in your mind as possible. This is a powerful tool for maintaining your focus and direction.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #3: Be Practical.
It’s game plan time. You know what you want, and now you need to map out exactly how you’ll achieve it. It is important to be practical in your planning, rather than throwing out ideas that you know you won’t stick with.
With any weight loss goal it is important to 1) maintain a healthy low-calorie diet, and 2) participate in a consistent and challenging exercise program.
Plan a routine that will fit into your schedule and you’ll be more likely to stick with it. Also choose an exercise program that you enjoy—don’t force yourself to jog everyday if you hate jogging.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #4: Call For Backup.
Enlist the support of your friends, family and co-workers. Tell everyone about your goal to lose weight and get fit, you’ll be surprised how supportive most people will be. By being open about your goals you’ll likely be an encouragement to others to make healthy changes in their own lives.
The most effective way to ensure that you meet your goal is to enlist my support, your personal trainer. Together we will identify what really motivates you. Together we will design a workout routine that fits into your schedule and into your life. And together we will see it through until your goal is met.
Call or email me today to get started on the program that will transform your life.