You’re going to love me for this tip because it’s so simple and yet it makes all of the difference when it comes to your fitness results.
The sad truth is that more than 90 percent of gym goers fail to achieve the level of results they want—even after a full year of faithfully going through their routine.
Maybe you can relate.
It doesn’t have to be this way. I believe that you deserve to get the highest level of results possible from that valuable time that you invest in exercise.
The simple concept below has the power to dramatically accelerate your fitness results…
The results you achieve are equal to the intensity of your workout.
In other words, you get what you give when it comes to exercise and results.
If you simply go through the motions, while staying in your comfort zone, then results will always be a hope for tomorrow and not today’s reality.
So what exactly do I mean when I say intensity?
Intensity is a measure of how much energy you’re expending while exercising. The harder you push yourself, the higher your intensity. When you’re simply going through the motions of a routine, without digging down and giving it your all, the workout lacks intensity and your results will disappoint.
During your workout pay attention to how you feel. Could you be working harder? If the honest answer is yes, then step it up a notch. It’s worth it…
In addition to seeing awesome results quickly, there are two more benefits to bringing up your exercise intensity.
The first benefit is that when you bring the intensity you’re able to shorten exercise time. This means less time spent sweating away in the gym and more time doing the things you really love. All while getting even better results than
with longer, low intensity workouts.
One thing to remember – it’s important that you never sacrifice proper form in favor of intensity. As soon as your form starts to be compromised, reduce your intensity to where proper form is achieved.
I’m here to help you transform your body (and your whole life!) through the power of fitness.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness plan that will bring the intensity and deliver the results.
Seems like everyone has been asking how to shape up their behind lately, so I’ve decided to let you in on a few of my closely-guarded booty-building secrets.
Most of my clients have one of the following things to say about their bum:
- Help! My booty is too big;
- Help! My booty is too saggy; or
- Help! My booty is too flat.
Now let’s tackle each of these challenges with solutions that will give you the best booty ever!
I. Help! My booty is too big.
If you are suffering from an over sized behind then do the following 3 fat-blasting workouts to reduce, tighten and shape your bum.
Fat-Blaster #1: Run
Running is a great way to burn off extra body fat while developing strong glutes. Follow these 4 tips to target your glutes while running:
- To target your glutes focus on extending your hips and keeping your chest lifted.
- Roll all the way forward onto your toes with each step, in order to engage more of your glutes.
- Run up hills, stairs, or on the treadmill at an incline.
- Run on a sandy beach or gravel path – the uneven surface forces you to work harder to stabilize your lower body.
Fat-Blaster #2: Elliptical
The elliptical works well for streamlining your behind – but only when used properly. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your elliptical workout:
- Posture matters. Don’t drape your upper body over the front of the elliptical machine – this will bring the focus to your quads and lower back instead of your glutes. Instead keep your back straight and posture good.
- Put the incline of your machine higher than seven percent. This will ensure that the emphasis is on your glutes instead of your quads.
- Push down with your heels with each stride. Also sink down into a squat for 30 second intervals while striding.
- Let go of the handles. This will force your core to stabilize you.
Fat-Blaster #3: Swim
Swimming laps is a sure way to burn tons of calories. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your time in the pool:
- Start each lap with an explosive push from the wall. Place the soles of your feet flat against the side of the pool, bend your knees and explode forward with your legs.
- Use flippers. Sounds silly, but try a few laps with a kickboard and flippers and you’ll quickly feel the intense emphasis on your glutes.
- Vary your kick. Go from flutter to froggy kicks to target all of your glutes.
- Try some in-water squat jumps: stand in chest-level water with feet shoulder width apart, toes turned out. Bend your knees and lower your hips down then explode upward, pushing through your heels.
II. Help! My booty is too saggy.
The solution to a saggy bottom is to target your glutes. Try the following 3 bum-lifting exercises at home – these require no equipment.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #1: Hyperextension with leg curl
Lie facedown on the floor with your arms extended above your head and knees together. Bend your knees and curl your heels toward your glutes, contracting your glutes. Lower your feet back toward the floor, raise your chest and shoulders up and hold for one count before returning to the start position. Do 15 repetitions.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #2: Plank pull
Get into a plank position with hands directly under your shoulders and feet spaced shoulder width apart. Contract your core, lift your left leg with flexed foot, then raise your heel up in a quick motion for 15 reps. Keep your core contracted throughout the exercise and back flat. Repeat with right leg.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #3: Side-lying bicycle
Lie on your right side with your elbow directly under your shoulder and legs stacked on top of each other. Bend your right knee back slightly. Lift your left leg about 6 inches into the air, then draw if forward to a 90 degree angle, keeping your foot flexed. Swing your leg back, pointing your toe and extending your lower back. Do 15 repetitions and then repeat with right leg.
III. Help! My booty is too flat.
In order to build a shapely behind you’ll need to head to the gym. The following 3 booty-building exercises will give your bum a serious shape-changing workout.
Booty-Building Exercise #1: Dumbbell Squat
Place your feet wider than shoulder width apart, and turn toes out. Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you squat down, keeping your back straight and tummy pulled in. Exhale as you press up through your heels and return to a standing position. Do 15 repetitions.
Booty-Building Exercise #2: Dumbbell Lunge
Stand with feet together and a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you lunge forward, keeping your lunging knee directly over your ankle. Exhale as you push off with your lunging heel, and return to the starting position. Do 15 repetitions and repeat on the other leg.
Booty-Building Exercise #3: Straight-legged Deadlift
Stand with feet shoulder width apart, a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing your thighs. Inhale as you bend forward at the hips, keeping your back flat. Lower the dumbbells down until you feel a pull in your hamstrings. Keep the dumbbells close to your legs as you exhale and straighten your legs, focusing on contracting your glutes. Do 15 repetitions.
Want to get your best booty as quickly as possible? Call or email me now to get started on a unique fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best booty ever or sign up for a FREE Brazilian Booty Camp Class