You’re going to love me for this tip because it’s so simple and yet it makes all of the difference when it comes to your fitness results.
The sad truth is that more than 90 percent of gym goers fail to achieve the level of results they want—even after a full year of faithfully going through their routine.
Maybe you can relate.
It doesn’t have to be this way. I believe that you deserve to get the highest level of results possible from that valuable time that you invest in exercise.
The simple concept below has the power to dramatically accelerate your fitness results…
The results you achieve are equal to the intensity of your workout.
In other words, you get what you give when it comes to exercise and results.
If you simply go through the motions, while staying in your comfort zone, then results will always be a hope for tomorrow and not today’s reality.
So what exactly do I mean when I say intensity?
Intensity is a measure of how much energy you’re expending while exercising. The harder you push yourself, the higher your intensity. When you’re simply going through the motions of a routine, without digging down and giving it your all, the workout lacks intensity and your results will disappoint.
During your workout pay attention to how you feel. Could you be working harder? If the honest answer is yes, then step it up a notch. It’s worth it…
In addition to seeing awesome results quickly, there are two more benefits to bringing up your exercise intensity.
The first benefit is that when you bring the intensity you’re able to shorten exercise time. This means less time spent sweating away in the gym and more time doing the things you really love. All while getting even better results than
with longer, low intensity workouts.
One thing to remember – it’s important that you never sacrifice proper form in favor of intensity. As soon as your form starts to be compromised, reduce your intensity to where proper form is achieved.
I’m here to help you transform your body (and your whole life!) through the power of fitness.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness plan that will bring the intensity and deliver the results.
Seems like everyone has been asking how to shape up their behind lately, so I’ve decided to let you in on a few of my closely-guarded booty-building secrets.
Most of my clients have one of the following things to say about their bum:
- Help! My booty is too big;
- Help! My booty is too saggy; or
- Help! My booty is too flat.
Now let’s tackle each of these challenges with solutions that will give you the best booty ever!
I. Help! My booty is too big.
If you are suffering from an over sized behind then do the following 3 fat-blasting workouts to reduce, tighten and shape your bum.
Fat-Blaster #1: Run
Running is a great way to burn off extra body fat while developing strong glutes. Follow these 4 tips to target your glutes while running:
- To target your glutes focus on extending your hips and keeping your chest lifted.
- Roll all the way forward onto your toes with each step, in order to engage more of your glutes.
- Run up hills, stairs, or on the treadmill at an incline.
- Run on a sandy beach or gravel path – the uneven surface forces you to work harder to stabilize your lower body.
Fat-Blaster #2: Elliptical
The elliptical works well for streamlining your behind – but only when used properly. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your elliptical workout:
- Posture matters. Don’t drape your upper body over the front of the elliptical machine – this will bring the focus to your quads and lower back instead of your glutes. Instead keep your back straight and posture good.
- Put the incline of your machine higher than seven percent. This will ensure that the emphasis is on your glutes instead of your quads.
- Push down with your heels with each stride. Also sink down into a squat for 30 second intervals while striding.
- Let go of the handles. This will force your core to stabilize you.
Fat-Blaster #3: Swim
Swimming laps is a sure way to burn tons of calories. Follow these 4 tips to get the most from your time in the pool:
- Start each lap with an explosive push from the wall. Place the soles of your feet flat against the side of the pool, bend your knees and explode forward with your legs.
- Use flippers. Sounds silly, but try a few laps with a kickboard and flippers and you’ll quickly feel the intense emphasis on your glutes.
- Vary your kick. Go from flutter to froggy kicks to target all of your glutes.
- Try some in-water squat jumps: stand in chest-level water with feet shoulder width apart, toes turned out. Bend your knees and lower your hips down then explode upward, pushing through your heels.
II. Help! My booty is too saggy.
The solution to a saggy bottom is to target your glutes. Try the following 3 bum-lifting exercises at home – these require no equipment.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #1: Hyperextension with leg curl
Lie facedown on the floor with your arms extended above your head and knees together. Bend your knees and curl your heels toward your glutes, contracting your glutes. Lower your feet back toward the floor, raise your chest and shoulders up and hold for one count before returning to the start position. Do 15 repetitions.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #2: Plank pull
Get into a plank position with hands directly under your shoulders and feet spaced shoulder width apart. Contract your core, lift your left leg with flexed foot, then raise your heel up in a quick motion for 15 reps. Keep your core contracted throughout the exercise and back flat. Repeat with right leg.
Bum-Lifting Exercise #3: Side-lying bicycle
Lie on your right side with your elbow directly under your shoulder and legs stacked on top of each other. Bend your right knee back slightly. Lift your left leg about 6 inches into the air, then draw if forward to a 90 degree angle, keeping your foot flexed. Swing your leg back, pointing your toe and extending your lower back. Do 15 repetitions and then repeat with right leg.
III. Help! My booty is too flat.
In order to build a shapely behind you’ll need to head to the gym. The following 3 booty-building exercises will give your bum a serious shape-changing workout.
Booty-Building Exercise #1: Dumbbell Squat
Place your feet wider than shoulder width apart, and turn toes out. Hold a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you squat down, keeping your back straight and tummy pulled in. Exhale as you press up through your heels and return to a standing position. Do 15 repetitions.
Booty-Building Exercise #2: Dumbbell Lunge
Stand with feet together and a dumbbell in each hand at your sides. Inhale as you lunge forward, keeping your lunging knee directly over your ankle. Exhale as you push off with your lunging heel, and return to the starting position. Do 15 repetitions and repeat on the other leg.
Booty-Building Exercise #3: Straight-legged Deadlift
Stand with feet shoulder width apart, a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing your thighs. Inhale as you bend forward at the hips, keeping your back flat. Lower the dumbbells down until you feel a pull in your hamstrings. Keep the dumbbells close to your legs as you exhale and straighten your legs, focusing on contracting your glutes. Do 15 repetitions.
Want to get your best booty as quickly as possible? Call or email me now to get started on a unique fitness program that will get you on the fast track to your best booty ever or sign up for a FREE Brazilian Booty Camp Class
As much as we love exercise (and you know we do!) exercise alone will not get you a toned stomach.
Your diet is a huge part of the equation.
Someone could workout all day long, but then eat in a way that promotes major fat storage, and they wouldn’t have a toned, beach-ready tummy.
While your diet is probably not terrible, the 5 secrets below will help you improve it even more. And a cleaner diet means flatter and more attractive abs.
Diet Secret #1: Don’t eat late
This is the most simple and effective way to flatten your abs. Instead of eating less food late at night, simply don’t eat late at all. Try these tips…
- Brush your teeth right after dinner. Once your teeth are clean, you’ve put an end to your consumption for the day.
- Change things up. If your evening routine revolves around food then find a new routine.
- Let the habit form. The first few weeks will be tough, but soon your new no-food-late routine will feel normal.
Diet Secret #2 Drink more water
Drinking lots of water is another extremely simple way to promote fat loss. Chronic dehydration triggers false hunger signals that causes you to eat extra, empty calories. Try these tips…
- Drink a big glass of water before each meal. This will make you less likely to overeat.
- Replace sugar-filled sodas, coffee drinks and juices with water. This tip alone can make a huge difference in the shape of your body.
- Carry water with you throughout the day.
Diet Secret #3: Load up on fiber
Most of us do not get enough fiber in our diet. This is a problem since fiber is essential when it comes to getting lean. Fiber-filled foods are low in calories and are filling, so you’ll be eating less and getting lean. Try these tips…
- Turn salads into meals. Add a serving of lean protein to a large pile of greens for a guiltless meal.
*Try the recipe for Sweet & Smokey Chicken below and serve it on a bed of greens.
- Include vegetables in every meal. The benefits to eating more veggies are too many to list, so just know that your body will become healthier and leaner with each fibrous bite.
- Fruits are a tasty source of fiber. Eat fresh, seasonal fruits every day.
Diet Secret #4: Eat fewer carbs
Now we didn’t say to cut out all carbs, but rather to eat fewer carbs. These diet secrets are meant as lifestyle changes for you to stick with long term. Eating fewer carbs is a realistic and very effective way to flatten your tummy. Try these tips…
- Choose whole grain bread and pasta instead of white. Whole grains are less likely to be stored as fat. That being said, limit the amount that you eat.
- Eat half of the carbs. Make your sandwich open-faced and cut down the size of your pasta serving.
- Avoid carb-filled snacks. Instead of crackers or chips, have a hard boiled egg, a protein shake, fresh fruit or veggies.
Diet Secret #5: Only wholesome sweets
Refined sugar-filled sweets will quickly add up around your waistline. Learn to enjoy natural sweets. Try these tips…
- Fruit is natural candy. When you stop eating refined sugar you’ll find fresh fruit to be more sweet and delicious than ever.
- Do not eat foods that contain white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. These items are the worst for your abs.
- Try wholesome sweeteners, like pure maple syrup, raw honey or dates in your cooking instead of white sugar. Get white sugar out of your kitchen.
Take these diet secrets and run with them. These tips, along with a challenging and consistent exercise program, are the formula for a toned, lean body.
We’re here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals, so guarantee your results by teaming up with Cali 4 Fitness.
You deserve that fit and attractive body – We can help you get it.
Call or email today to get started.
SWEET & SMOKEY CHICKEN
This chicken has awesome flavor and is quick to make on a weeknight. Serve with a leafy green salad and a side of asparagus or broccoli for the perfect flat abs meal.
Makes: 4 Servings
Here’s what you need…
4 bone-in, skin-on, organic chicken thighs
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 packet Stevia
dash of salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place in a large ziplock bag.
In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Add to the ziplock bag and toss until the chicken is fully coated.
Place the coated chicken thighs on a broiling pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 248 calories, 18g fat, 428mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 18g protein
The lunge is an easy and efficient lower-body exercise that can be performed simply using your own body weight or adapted in a number of variations. Considered one of the best leg exercises, the lunge is great for toning your lower body because it works pretty much every leg muscle as well as your glutes.
The best part about the lunge is its versatility. You can modify it to perform a variety of exercises. Not only will it spice up your workout, you’ll activate different muscle groups and prevent a fitness plateau.
First, let’s make sure you’ve got the proper form for the basic lunge and then we’ll kick it up a notch with four lunge variations.
#1: The Lunge
To perform a lunge keep your upper body straight, shoulders back and chest out while squeezing your abs to engage your core. Step forward several feet with your right foot, landing heel first. Bend your right and left leg down until both legs are bent at 90 degrees (never more) and your left knee is about an inch above the floor. Make sure your knee doesn’t extend further than your toes. Keep your body upright and work to keep your balance by not wobbling from side to side. Lift your body up and bring your hips forward until you’re standing straight again. Repeat lunging forward with your left foot.
Muscles worked: Front leg- hamstrings and glutes; Back leg- quadriceps
#2: BOSU Ball Lunges
For a harder alternative, perform a lunge on a BOSU ball by stepping forward onto the BOSU ball.
Make it a back lunge by standing on the BOSU ball and stepping back into a lunge alternating your legs. The BOSU ball is an added challenge because it makes it harder to balance on your legs.
Want to take it one step further? Hold free weights in each hand as you lunge.
#3: Back Lunge with Side Shoulders
Begin by placing the resistance band in your hands and stepping in the middle of the band with your left foot. Step back with your right foot, bending into the 90 degree angle while simultaneously raising your arms to shoulder-height.
Make sure to keep your abs tight, back upright, and your arms straight. Perform 10-20 back lunges with your right leg and then switch to the left.
This exercise can also be done with free weights instead of the resistance band.
#4: Lunge with Side Twist
Holding a kettle bell or weight, step forward with your left foot in a lung position, making sure that your knee doesn’t go over the line of your foot. From your torso, twist your upper body to the left while reaching across your left side with your arms out-stretched.
Be careful not to twist at the knee!
Step back to a standing position and repeat with the right foot in front. You’ll want to make sure that you’re twisting to the same side as whatever leg is in front.
#5: The Jump Lunge
If you’re looking to get your heart rate up, incorporate more cardio, and kick your workout into high gear, there’s nothing better than the jump lunge! Begin by performing the basic lunge. Engage your core and push off the bottom of both feet into a jump while switching your feet in midair and landing back in a basic lunge. Make sure you’ve mastered the basic lunge and keep your form in check as you jump it out.
This exercise works well with High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts, such as Tabata; alternating between 20 seconds of max training and 10-second rest periods for a total of eight rounds.
So there you have it- five killer modifications for the lunge that will tone and tighten your legs, lift your booty, strengthen your core, and will result in healthy weight loss.
Tune in weekly to our Cali 4 Fitness blog for more fitness and nutrition tips.