Wholesome Cravings Tip:
When you feel a trigger food calling your name, turn to these wholesome snacks and avoid a fitness relapse.
- Organic, fresh fruit: It’s sweet and won’t ruin your diet like packaged candy.
- Whole, roasted nuts: Sprinkle some sea salt on a handful of nuts and you won’t even want that bag of chips anymore.
- Wholesome, home baked goods: When a piece of fruit just isn’t going to cure your cake craving, then make a wholesome, gluten and cane sugar free cake at home. The Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake below contains wholesome fat from coconut oil and almonds that will keep you satiated for hours. See the recipe below.
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake
Here’s a slice of cake that won’t mess with your brain chemistry. The wholesome and lightly sweet flavor will satisfy your sweet tooth and power your day with real energy. Servings: 20
Here’s what you need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 organic apples, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, grade B
- 1/4 cup organic, full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil.
- Caramel Topping: In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, coconut crystals and cinnamon. Pour into the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the chopped apples over the caramel.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another medium bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, syrup, and coconut milk. Blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, and then slowly mix in the melted coconut oil.
- Carefully spread the cake batter over the apples and caramel in the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife. Invert the cake by placing a plate over the top of the pan and then flipping it over.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 105 calories, 7g fat, 44mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 3g protein
Are you struggling with self motivation? Having a hard time getting yourself to your regularly scheduled workouts? Finding more and more reasons to cheat on your healthy diet?
You’re not alone and today I’ve got just the 4 Self-Motivating Mind Tricks that you need to lock onto your goals…
A healthy dose of motivation coupled with determination will get you almost anything in life. So how do you know if you’re genuinely motivated?
- Motivation will tell you to get out of bed for an early workout.
- Motivation will nag you to put down the doughnut.
- Motivation makes passing on fries a reflex.
- Motivation makes a sweat drenched workout exciting.
- Motivation constantly reminds you why you do what you do.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #1: Pinpoint Your Motivator.
Motivation stems from having a goal. What is your goal? Why do you want to get into great shape?
Once you uncover your personal motivator you’ll find that motivation flows quickly your way.
Take a minute to really uncover the reason that you want to lose the weight. Don’t say something vague like you want to ‘Be thinner‘ or ‘Look more attractive.‘ Dig deeper – there is a very specific motivator in your life, you simply need to uncover it.
Here are some possible motivators…
- I want to have more energy to keep up with the kids.
- I want to improve my health through weight loss to extend and improve my life.
- I want to lose 15 pounds before my vacation.
- I want to restore my confidence to wear sleeveless shirts.
- I want to regain my figure to impress and attract my significant other.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #2: Make It Official.
When you write something down it suddenly feels official, doesn’t it? Write down your motivator for getting into great shape, and post it where you will see it often—next to your alarm clock, on the bathroom mirror, or in your car.
Each time you see your written motivator take a moment to visualize yourself accomplishing your goal. Try to make the scene as clear in your mind as possible. This is a powerful tool for maintaining your focus and direction.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #3: Be Practical.
It’s game plan time. You know what you want, and now you need to map out exactly how you’ll achieve it. It is important to be practical in your planning, rather than throwing out ideas that you know you won’t stick with.
With any weight loss goal it is important to 1) maintain a healthy low-calorie diet, and 2) participate in a consistent and challenging exercise program.
Plan a routine that will fit into your schedule and you’ll be more likely to stick with it. Also choose an exercise program that you enjoy—don’t force yourself to jog everyday if you hate jogging.
Self-Motivating Mind Trick #4: Call For Backup.
Enlist the support of your friends, family and co-workers. Tell everyone about your goal to lose weight and get fit, you’ll be surprised how supportive most people will be. By being open about your goals you’ll likely be an encouragement to others to make healthy changes in their own lives.
The most effective way to ensure that you meet your goal is to enlist my support, your personal trainer. Together we will identify what really motivates you. Together we will design a workout routine that fits into your schedule and into your life. And together we will see it through until your goal is met.
Call or email me today to get started on the program that will transform your life.